Senior Software Engineer
ShortList Recruitment have partnered with a FinTech company who are looking to bring in a highly motivated & Driven Senior Software Engineer. Our client is one of the fastest growing companies in the nation, receiving recognition on the list of INC 5000 fastest growing private companies in USA.
• Own and lead software development of one or more of our product initiatives end-to-end by working closely with our globally distributed engineering team to deliver best-in-class software solutions.
• Play a critical role in creating Proof of Concepts, Software foundations that would help our business.
• Create and use reusable, configurable, customizable Java-based components and AWS microservices in alignment with our business requirements.
• Translate business requirements into technical specification documents.
• Serve as a technical lead contributing to and directing the efforts of development teams, including internal and external team members.
• Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components anywhere in the software stack.
• Troubleshoot the production issues firsthand and help establish the clarity needed between Dev, Test, and customers.
• Determine the root cause for the most complex software issues and develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical solutions.
• Mentor Software Engineers to allow for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching, and training opportunities.
• Determine process improvements, best practices, and develop new processes.
• Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management.
• Prior experience with evaluating emerging technologies and recommending potential partnerships that provide efficiencies and competitive advantage within the tech stack.
• Experience with developing reusable assets such as prototypes, solution designs, documentation, and other materials that contribute to department and organization effectiveness and efficiency.
• Expertise in design and development of java-based, AWS microservices-based systems.
• Knowledge of SpringBoot is a plus.
• Deep understanding of and experience with building highly scalable and highly secure systems.
• Hands-on experience in cloud engineering and cloud-native design.
• Well-versed in API development and management.
• Experienced in container and container management.
• Experienced with industry-standard programming languages, operating systems, application development frameworks, monitoring tools, and CI/CT/CD tools.
• Experience with both traditional RDMBS and No-SQL databases.